The 2021 Ohio Stormwater Conference is an annual conference dedicated to advance the knowledge and understanding of comprehensive stormwater management for those dealing in all aspects of planning, design, implementation and regulatory compliance. The conference will provide updates on environmental issues, new technologies, regulatory information and pollution prevention. The 2021 Ohio Stormwater Conference is a great opportunity to strengthen your skills and knowledge in an intensive workshop setting with other colleagues.
The 2021 Conference is the premier event for addressing municipal, industrial, and construction stormwater issues and has become one of the largest regional stormwater events in the United States. The Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners and the Ohio Stormwater Association pride themselves on offering timely information on critical stormwater issues from the most influential and experienced leaders in the field.
The 2021 Conference will present updates and the latest information regarding stormwater issues including:
- Latest in LID and retrofitting practices
- Leadership and Ethics
- Legal policies
- Industrial regulatory compliance
- Regulations, Permits, and Policies
- Case Studies on a number of stormwater related issues
- NPDES Phase II Stormwater Issues
- Sustainable Development
- Stormwater Treatment
- Modifying Public Behavior/Public Outreach
- Scientific Advances
- Effective BMPs
- Meet the leading vendors of the most innovative stormwater equipment, products, services, and technology
- Network with other stormwater professionals, engineers, and practitioners
Who Should Attend?
The conference has been developed by a planning committee comprised of professionals who deal with stormwater issues on a daily basis including engineers, consultants, watershed organizations, governmental organizations and academia staff. The conference is multi-disciplinary and is designed for all who have a direct stake in stormwater management, non-point source pollution or the modeling of urban water systems. Attendees include: civil and environmental engineers; landscape engineers and architects; aquatic biologists, ecologists, scientists; managers, urban geographers, and policy makers; professionals from municipal and government engineering; public works personnel; consultants; and instructors and researchers at universities and research institutes.
Conference Planning Committee
The Stormwater Conference Planning Committee is made up of a wide range of individuals and organizations all that have an interest in stormwater management.
Executive Director: Harry Stark, City of Aurora, Ohio Stormwater Association and Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners
- Abstract Chairs: Ana Burns, Davey Resource Group
- Certification Chair: Harry Stark, City of Aurora
- CEU Chair: Katherine Holmok, Environmental Design Group
- Exhibitor and Sponsor Chair: Harry Stark, City of Aurora
- Facility and Menu Chair: Harry Stark
- Registration Chairs: Harry Stark, City of Aurora and Kate Chapel, Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners
- Laith Alfaqih, Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati
- Ana Burns, Davey Resource Group
- Kathy Dorman, City of Mason
- Jeff Duke, NEORSD
- Heather Elmer, Chagrin River Watershed Partners
- Stacey Faile, OHM Advisors
- Jason Fyffe, Ohio EPA
- Josh Herchl, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc./Hancor, Inc.
- Kelly Kuhbander, Strand Associates, Inc.
- Emily Kuzmick, ODNR
- Bob Lentz, Butler County Stormwater Management District, Ohio Stormwater Association
- Michael Liptak, Enviroscience, Inc.
- Vicky McCauley, City of Wadsworth
- Jennifer Missett, Biohabitats
- Afaf Musa, CDM Smith
- Joe Reitz, City of Avon Lake
- Mark Rufener, KEMcCartney
- Greg Spires, ADS
- Joel Thrash, Cardno
- Jill Ward, Environmental Design Group
- Travis White, Stantec
Cancellations prior to 21 calendar days before the conference will be refunded in full. Cancellations received within 21 days but prior to 7 calendar days before the conference will forfeit 50% of the registration fee. Cancellations received less than 7 days before the conference will not be refunded.
The TCWP and OSWA retains the right to cancel the conference. If the conference is cancelled registrants will receive a full refund of the registration fee. TCWP and OSWA will not be liable for any other expenses occurred by the registrant. TCWP and OSWA have never cancelled a conference